2001 Silver Eagle - WTC Ground Zero | PCGS Gem Unc
September 11, 2001 is a date forever carved into the memories of all Americans old enough to bear witness to the day's heartbreaking devastation, a series of events immediately followed by unwavering acts of heroism by First Responders. Months after the attack on the World Trade Center, vaults were found intact at the sub-basement levels, with coinage such as this 2001 American Silver Eagle in their depths. Of the 9,001,711 American Silver Eagle bullion coins minted in 2001, it is unknown exactly how many were recovered from Ground Zero.
- Contains 1oz of Fine Silver.
- Slabbed and Certified by PCGS as being recovered from Ground Zero of the 9/11/01 WTC Attacks.
- Obverse: Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Guaranteed and backed by the U.S. Mint.
"While I am aware of the controversy surrounding the owning of something from such a dark day in the United States History, I also believe that we should never forget that horrible day and should honor and remember those that lost their lives that day."
God Bless the U.S.A.
- Stock: In Stock